Total Time: 21hrs of video, 65 total hrs required to complete this course.
Advanced herbology reflects a serious academic commitment to go beyond what our teachers profess and to examine the subtleties of both herbs and herbology to the best of our ability.
Herbology I + II are prerequisites for the Wild Rose College Diploma programs. See FAQ’s for diploma info.
Gain deep insights into the chemical and biological world of herbal medicine with Dr. Terry Willard, founder of Wild Rose College, who shares his passion for the subtleties of both herbs and herbology. The Herbology 2 course reflects a serious academic commitment to push your knowledge beyond what teachers profess to deal with the subtlest ailments, to develop the broadest and deepest understanding of the interaction of plants and the human body.
.In the Textbook of Advanced Herbology, the focus is what is called “phytochemistry” — grouping plants by their biochemical “family” and examining their impact on the human body.
You will Learn About:
- The Oriental, Ayurvedic and North American Indian traditions of medical science which fully qualify as “advanced” practice.
- Western alchemy, an ancient technology full of knowledge about plants which only recently is making a public reappearance.
- How alchemy and other advanced approaches are well documented and useful resources for the modern Herbalist interested in a scientific approach to herbalism.
- Learn to recognize the properties of herbs and foods based on their chemical properties.
- How to assist your clients, customers, and friends in their choice of herbal remedies.
The Herbology 2 Course offered with BodyMind Institute is required for the Master, Clinical and Wholistic Diploma Programs.