The well-living workplace is not a destination you arrive at and say “We made it!” Instead it’s a pathway you follow to create a place of work where people enjoy what they do and do what they do as they ethically draw resources from and give back significant, worthy and useful products, services and experiences to their community.
There is no “ONE” way to create the well-living workplace. Instead there is “YOUR” way in the words of those involved on their terms.
There are characteristics that outline suggestions to align vision, systems and people. That is, there are ways to work within, without, between and together to develop and deliver the well-living workplace approach.
The well-living approach has you:
- Create your well-living workplace framework to serve as a lean and agile touchstone for involvement
- Define your starting parameters of the well-living workplace model with input from everyone
- Frame your Imagined Future through describing and explaining your organizational mission, vision and values
- Use stories to focus people on the intended outcomes, direction and goals
- Identify the issues, initiatives and measures affecting your workplace
- Implement a plan of action with accountabilities and timelines
- Challenge the systems and processes you use every day
- Document insights as wise practices and inspired standards
- Celebrate outcomes with employees, customers and community
+1. Listen to learn, share to educate as you activate 1 through 9.
Legacy is for giving. It’s in you to share!
- WELLcome to the Course message + a short presentation on making and keeping commitments.
- Introduction to the 21 Module Course + Pre-Question and Table of Contents (like a map for the course)
- Bridge 1: Operational videos describing and explaining how to get the most from this course
- Module 1: Video 1: Overview and Framework … create an organization of work framework + suggested examples
- Module 2: Video 2: Well-Living Workplace … describe and explain the well-living workplace framework and approach
- Module 3: Video 3: Imagined Future … identify (write) your mission, vision and values as an expression of your Imagined Future
- Module 4: Video 4: Story-Telling and Story-Sharing … use story-telling and story-sharing to inform and engage those involved
- Bridge 2: Writing Action Statements for Modules 1 through 4 … reflect on your learning so far and write action steps for use later
- Well-Living Workplace Assessment … complete the assessment of 10 Characteristics of the Well-Living Workplace as your benchmark + access a PDF copy of the form for use by others (gather group data)
- Module 5: Video 5: Lead from Vision … express your inspiring vision for others to follow as they guide each other along the well-living workplace path
- Module 6: Video 6: Listening-based management … listen how to advance and sustain engagement through inspiration (recognition) and motivation (reward)
- Module 7: Video 7: Network-based structure … recognize you manage and lead in an organizational structure called a network that has no center
- Module 8: Video 8: People bring their uniqueness to their work … share agreement to create safe and original interactions through being you for the workplace
- Module 9: Video 9: Balance between people, producing & profit … celebrate the people with whom you work as you perform and produce the outcome of profit
- Module 10: Video 10: Ethical and supportive behaviour … demonstrate use of workplace values to support the life purpose of each person involved
- Module 11: Video 11: Culture of lifelong learning … leverage your formal, informal, and incidental lifelong learning approach for the benefit of everyone
- Module 12: Video 12: Contribution to society … give back to the communities from which you draw your your resources and employees
- Module 13: Video 13: Balance among risk, fun & creativity … complete tasks with awareness of risk involved and the fun necessary to lighten the creative process
- Module 14: Video 14: People work in service for others … commit to being you for the organization through managing and leading involvement of everyone inside and outside the workplace
- Bridge 4: Writing Action Steps for Modules 5 through 14 … reflect on your learning so far and write action steps for your Well-Living Workplace Plan of Action
- Bridge 5: Preparing for Modules 15 through 21 … define important terms prior to moving on so as to ask great questions of the content
- Module 15: Video 15: When You “Listen” You Learn … appreciate the importance of listening to action the 10 characteristics
- Module 16: Video 16: When You Listen You “Learn” … appreciate the importance of learning to fill the gaps of knowledge and skills to action the 10 characteristics
- Module 17: Video 17: When You “Share” You Educate … appreciate what it means to share what you learn and know with the assistance of others
- Module 18: Video 18: When You Share You “Educate” … appreciate what it means to educate others through mentoring, coaching, facilitating and instructing
- Module 19: Video 19: Mentoring and Coaching … explore the concepts and practices of mentoring and coaching to lead persons’ involvement in actualizing the Imagined Future
- Module 20: Video 20: Facilitating and Instructing … explore the concepts and practices of facilitating and instructing to manage peoples’ involvement in realizing the Plan of Action
- Module 21: Video 21: So What? Now What? What Else? … outline possibilities to learn and action to sustain the well-living workplace
- Module 22: Video 22: Closing … Yet, a New Beginning … decide what happens based on your learning from the course with additional suggestions
- Bonus: Decision-Making … use ethical decision-making to connect what you learn with what you action to achieve individual performance and accomplish organizational productivity